Power Query Series: Merge Queries
Monday, May 1, 2023 – Tuesday, April 30, 2024
A merge query combines two queries that have a common column or columns. This course discusses best practices for creating merge queries using Power Query (Excel version) and includes hands-on exercises to enable the user to demonstrate what they have learned.
Power Query is an "ETL" tool that extracts, transforms, and loads data. This tool has a user-friendly interface that enables the Excel user to connect to data sets they previously did not have access to. It also enables powerful data transformations without requiring any coding and will save the Excel user time in performing their cleanup of data.
This course is the eighth in a twelve-part series, Power Query: Beginning Data Analytics for the Excel User. The series is designed so the Excel user can learn the functionality of Power Query and the many benefits of this powerful tool. Each 1-hour webcast has hands-on examples to enable the Excel user to experience the active learning of Power Query.
- Understand what a merge query is and why it is so useful
- Recognize the data requirements for a merge query
- Be familiar with the types of joins for a merge query
- What is a merge query?
- What are the data requirements for a merge query?
- What are the types of joins for a merge query?
- Hands-on examples: creating merge queries, creating a full anti-join using an append query, grouping queries