Current Developments and Best Practices for Today's CFOs and Controllers
Monday, May 1, 2023 – Tuesday, April 30, 2024
In today's rapidly changing world, finance professionals are required to wear many hats and are often the keys to the organization's success. On one hand, they need to be abreast of the latest proven financial skills for making the best decisions, and on the other hand they need the best skills to motivate, manage, and lead people. Being pigeon-holed into one area or another is neither good for career building nor for the good of the organization. This reality has proven to be even more true with the advent of COVID-19. This course is designed to give the CFO and controller the skills needed to lead their organizations into the rapidly changing decade, and also redesigned to concentrate on what we have learned from the pandemic. Another unique aspect of this course is its constant evolution. We know change is occurring at an exponential rate, and that has proven to be the case in all areas of finance, management, and leadership over the past year. The course deals with these new issues and will continue to be updated as necessary throughout the year.
- Understand the current issues and latest trends impacting CFOs, controllers, and finance professionals
- Understand how domestic and global economic conditions could impact the organization
- Lead the organization into the rapidly changing decade
- Apply what we have learned from the COVID-19 pandemic for a positive impact on the organization
- Be familiar with the results of the case studies and exercises that reinforce key learning points throughout the course
- Economic update
- Leadership and management changes as a result of the pandemic
- Expense control that works.
- Understanding our changing workforce and working environment
- Financial risk analysis
- Enterprise risk management
- Metrics and benchmarking
- Improving bank relationships and borrowing