Understanding the High-Stakes Mega Issues in A&A Today
Monday, May 1, 2023 – Tuesday, April 30, 2024
With so much of significance going on currently in the world of A&A today, you need to be able to make sense of the key drivers of our profession. In this course, we will review the key aspects of the events that are impacting practitioners and financial statement preparers alike.
Specifically, because technology is rapidly transforming our profession, we'll review current trend and risks related to technology. Next, while many COVID-19 accounting considerations have passed, the issue of going concern is likely to last for the next several accounting periods. We'll review the disclosure and reporting issues related to this complex topic. With the private company implementation date for ASC 842 now here, we'll review the new lease accounting guidance. Then, we'll wrap up the course with a discussion of peer review findings and engagement quality initiatives.
- Understand and apply the FASB’s new revenue recognition standard, Topic 606
- Review the FASB’s new lease accounting guidance, ASU No. 2016-02
- Recall the relevant accounting guidance related to financial and non-financial asset impairment
- Identify the appropriate accounting model to account for the restructuring of debt and other borrowing agreements
- Accounting and operational impacts of adopting Topic 606
- Accounting and operational impacts of adopting ASU No. 2016-02
- Impairment of both financial and non-financial assets
- Accounting for debt restructurings