FASB Update for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses: A Practical Implementation Guide
Monday, May 1, 2023 – Tuesday, April 30, 2024
This course provides a detailed discussion on the key topics related to financial reporting. The course will focus on all recent ASUs issued by the FASB with a concentration on issues of greatest significance to most accounting practitioners. Specifically, the course will review all recently issued FASB updates, with a focus on those related to leases (ASC 842), and credit losses (ASC 326), which will impact virtually all companies. The course will address other challenging areas of accounting, such as accounting for income taxes and for debt instruments. Lastly, it will provide you with a comprehensive review of recent Private Company Standard-Setting activities and what is on the FASB's technical agenda.
This course is the place to go for a detailed understanding of all the goings on at the FASB that impact smaller and medium-sized companies.
- Be familiar with recent private company standard setting activities
- Review recently issued FASB Accounting Standards Updates that relate to small and medium-sized businesses
- Review the FASB’s recently issued lease accounting standard
- Understand the changes coming with the FASB’s new credit losses standard
- Be aware of other important practice matters
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
- Private company standard setting activities
- FASB Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) relevant to smaller businesses
- Lease accounting implementation guidance
- ASC 326, Credit Losses
- Accounting for income taxes
- Accounting for debt instruments