Lessons Learned from Recent Accounting Malpractice Actions
Wednesday, February 21, 2024
2.00CREDITSBusiness Law, Regulatory Ethics (not DE Ethics)
Recent economic volatility has created added stress on accounting and finance professionals and their clients. When individuals or businesses lose money, they often blame others for their misfortune. Business disputes can sometimes lead to accounting malpractice claims. Understanding the most common types of accounting malpractice claims provides a roadmap of what not to do.
This course provides a current overview of accounting malpractice litigation throughout the United States. The goal is to learn about the types of claims asserted against CPA firms and strategies to employ to avoid such claims. Reviewing malpractice claims allows us to identify patterns of behavior that may reduce litigation risk.
- Identify high risk activities to avoid
- Recognize common defenses to malpractice claims
- Be well versed in standards of professional conduct
- Understand the litigation process for malpractice claims
- Common instances of accounting malpractice
- Current claim trends
- Frequent defenses to claims
- Statute of limitations
- Claims by practice area