Anatomy of a Ransomware Event and Incident Response
Monday, December 4, 2023
The past two years have ushered in an explosion of ransomware attacks affecting businesses and individuals. Many of us read or hear about these attacks, but there is little understanding of how they occur, how a response is undertaken, and how the chances of experiencing one can be reduced. Join us to learn about these topics so you can be prepared with the best response and the knowledge to avoid common mistakes in a ransomware event.
- Avoid common mistakes regarding ransomware events
- Identify and respond to a ransomware incident
- What is ransomware?
- The growing threat of ransomware — statistics
- Remote working and COVID-19
- Ransomware infection process
- Incident response protocol
- Business considerations
- Legal considerations
- Breach notification obligations
- Steps to protect against malware
- Tabletop exercise