Managing Up the Ladder
Tuesday, September 26, 2023
It's not about top-down management anymore - things have changed. For organizations to be successful today, everyone needs to contribute. Our success depends not just on how you manage those who report to you but also on those to whom you report.
The world is too complex now for any one person to have all the answers. Sometimes those in charge need and want your support. Learn how to manage the managers in "Managing Up the Ladder." It takes a special finesse and approach.
You'll learn strategies for acquiring buy-in from those above you in the organization and tools for more effective communications and building respect.
- Understand how to get buy-in from those above you in the organization
- Use your acquired skills to influence and persuade for success
- Understand how to communicate more effectively with your manager
- Avoid 10 critical mistakes when it comes to managing upward
- Understand the 5 questions NOT to ask your manager that can impact your success
- Influence, persuasion, and power
- Navigating without position power