Work-Life Balance: Maximizing Productivity and Understanding Related Tax Issues
Monday, June 5, 2023
2.00CREDITSPersonnel/Human Resources, Taxes
Working as a financial professional is an accomplishment that offers the potential for a good salary with long-term growth. Despite being a sought-after career, studies show that being overworked is the greatest source of anxiety and dissatisfaction among financial professionals. Left unchecked, a life centered exclusively around the demands of work can be both physically and emotionally detrimental.
Establishing a work-life balance is difficult in any profession, yet financial professionals confront unique challenges that make this goal seem even more elusive. Technology results in being "always on," with no true time to disconnect and genuinely enjoy family, exercise, or hobbies. Lack of balance comes with costs, including poor health and lower productivity.
Why are some professionals able to establish a successful balance between career demands and family while others are not? How are some firms able to achieve both high employee satisfaction and strong productivity? This webinar looks at research, surveys, and simple anecdotal information to provide a better understanding of how to achieve a realistic work-life balance in the modern world. We also discuss the tax consequences that arise when professionals seek balance by working from home in one state while their employer is located in a different state.
- Understand the unique challenges professionals confront when trying to achieve work-life balance
- Learn which skills and organizational structures render the best results for those looking to improve work-life balance
- Understand the research available to help organizations improve work-life balance
- Discuss how productivity strategies may improve work-life balance
- Understand the state tax consequences that may arise when working from home
- Identify and discuss challenges unique to financial professionals
- Review how some organizations are providing support to improve work-life balance
- Explore the role of alternative work arrangements
- Examine challenges unique to auditors versus tax professionals
- A comparison of work-life balance between public and industry accountants
- How work-family conflict varies among financial professionals
- Recommendations for improving work-life balance