Surgent's Federal Tax Camp
By attending this event in person, all participants agree to follow current health and safety guidelines as determined by the DSCPA.
The DSCPA reserves the right to change this course to a virtual format.
Tax practitioners have been hard-pressed to keep up with changes brought about by the FFCRA, CARES Act, CAA 2021, and ARPA. In this course, tax advisors will be fully updated on the most important legislative and regulatory developments of the season as well as major trends and changes in the case law, with a view toward planning considerations. This course is continually updated to reflect enacted legislation.
- Understand the latest tax law changes
- Understand strategies and techniques for individuals to use in light of tax changes
- Understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses
- A new supplement discussing major provisions of The Build Back Better Act as passed by the House of Representatives in November 2021, as well as key provisions of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act signed into law in November 2021
- Equity awards and compensation
- RPA and Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 provisions related to expanded child and family tax credits, RRF grants, FFCRA credits, and year-end tax extenders
- SBA PPP Forgiveness and EIDL loans
- The CARES Act changes to §163(j), §461(I), and NOL rules
- Economic Impact Payments and the Recovery Rebate Credit
- Donor Advised Funds
- Is the "Employee vs Independent Contractor" conundrum about to explode?
- A comprehensive view of Cryptocurrency, including important tax considerations
- Detailed review of Loss Limitation Rules
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year -- inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- Advanced practice, reporting, and other issues intertwined with advanced planning and discussion ideas
- The latest issues related to any other late-breaking tax law changes