Virtual/Live Performing Law Firm Precertifications: What You Need to Know
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
2.00CREDITSAccounting & Auditing
This mandatory seminar is the only one offered by the Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection (LFCP) developed specifically to address the questions and concerns of accountants.
- To become proficient in the performance of precertifications in connection with the annual filing of attorneys' Certificates of Compliance.
Do you perform, or want to perform, precertifications for law firms doing business in Delaware? Beginning in January 2015, the Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection (LFCP), with which the precertifications are filed, began maintaining a list of recommended firms. One requirement to be on that list is attendance at a LFCP-sponsored seminar on law firms' rules and recordkeeping. Attend this seminar to meet the requirement and learn about:
- Rules governing law firms' books and records
- How law firm rules differ from standard bookkeeping and why they are necessary to protect the law firms and their clients
- Requirements of a precertification
- Reportable precertification findings
- Precertifications gone bad, or how a poorly-performed precertification can put the law firm and its managing director at risk