New SASs Effective for December 31, 2021 Audits On-Demand Webcast
Tuesday, April 5, 2022 – Sunday, April 30, 2023
2021 will be a very impactful year for audits, as SASs 134-140 become effective for audits for year-ends after December 15, 2021. In this course, we'll review the key changes coming to financial statement audits as a result of these new standards, including the format of the new auditor's report and consideration of key audit matters. The course will also review key changes under SAS 135 related to identifying significant unusual transactions and the expanded audit procedures which must be performed to address risks associated with them.
Lastly, the course will review the AICPA's updated definition of materiality, expanded procedures and reporting related to other information in annual reports, and conforming changes to the auditor's opinion in other special reporting situations.
- Identify the new guidance in recently issued SASs which will be effective for 2021 audits
- Implement the new AU-C standards
- New format of the auditor’s opinion, including the inclusion of key audit matters
- Significant unusual transactions
- Determining materiality
- Conforming changes to other reports issued under the SAS