Power Query Series: More Transformations and Load Options On-Demand Webcast
Tuesday, April 5, 2022 – Sunday, April 30, 2023
Power Query (Excel version) offers a wide range of transformation options. This course uses hands-on exercises to explore the data transformation process, focusing on data cleaning and data enrichment. In addition, this course explains query loading options and processes.
Power Query is an "ETL" tool that extracts, transforms, and loads data. This tool has a user-friendly interface that enables the Excel user to connect to data sets they previously did not have access to. It also enables powerful data transformations without requiring any coding and will save the Excel user time in performing their cleanup of data.
This course is the sixth in a twelve-part series, Power Query: Beginning Data Analytics for the Excel User. The series is designed so the Excel user can learn the functionality of Power Query and the many benefits of this powerful tool. Each 1-hour webcast has hands-on examples to enable the Excel user to experience the active learning of Power Query.
- Understand loading options in Power Query
- Apply the data transformation process in Power Query
- Workflow of the data transformation for a general ledger with sub-accounts
- Loading a query
- Loading options for a query
- Changing the load destination of a query
- Hands-on examples: flattening a general ledger with sub-accounts; making a connection to the data source; reviewing and documenting the steps created by Power Query