Microsoftr Excelr 365 and Excelr 2019: Getting Started with Excel Download
Tuesday, April 5, 2022 – Sunday, April 30, 2023
6.00CREDITSComputer Software and Applications
Microsoftr Excelr 365 and Excelr 2019: Getting Started with Excel is a three-lesson basic level course that introduces you to the Excel software and then guides you through basic Excel features using step-by-step hands-on activities.
Although this is a basic level course, experienced Excel users switching from earlier versions of Excel can benefit from this course's review of commonly used features plus the introduction of new features, such as the new look for the Excel 365 Start screen or updated features in Excel 2019.
Note that this course emphasizes using the traditional keyboard and mouse actions to perform tasks in Excel. Some relevant tips for working with Excel with a Windows touch-screen device are also provided.
- Explain how the Excel software is used;
- Start Excel;
- Identify the components of the Excel window;
- Describe a workbook and a worksheet;
- Navigate and select in a worksheet;
- Modify user options or preferences;
- Create and save a workbook;
- Enter, edit, and format text and numbers;
- Create basic formulas and use functions;
- Work in different worksheet views;
- Preview and print a worksheet;
- Work in Backstage view; and
- Use the Quick Access Toolbar, the ribbon, Excel Help, the Tell Me feature, the Smart Lookup feature, shortcut menus, and keyboard shortcuts to perform tasks.
- Lesson 1: identify ways to start Excel, recognize Excel Start screen elements including the Blank Workbook template, recognize Excel window elements, select Backstage view to open an existing workbook, identify worksheet navigation methods, select worksheet cells, rows, and columns, identify and select Excel user preferences, identify ways to get help in Excel, select methods to save and close a workbook, select methods to create a new workbook, select methods to close one or more workbooks, and select methods to close Excel
- Lesson 2: identify ways to insert, reposition, select, delete, and rename worksheets, recognize ways to enter, edit, and format cell contents, select ways to create formulas, identify functions, identify ways to apply Accounting and Percent Style formatting, and select Flash Fill for data entry
- Lesson 3: identify ways to show and hide worksheet elements, select methods to undo and redo an action, recognize ways to switch between Normal view, Page Layout view and Page Break Preview, and select page setup options, preview and print options