Management Fundamentals On-Demand Webcast
Tuesday, April 5, 2022 – Sunday, April 30, 2023
As you advance in your public accounting careers, your responsibilities significantly increase. The skills required for continued success go beyond your technical skills but also include others that you may not have had a chance to develop earlier in your careers. Several of these new responsibilities involve engagement management and managing your team. Mastering these skills is key to your long-term success in public accounting.
In this session, we'll review the keys to successful management, including ways to best develop your team, how to successfully engage your team and build their trust and how best to present information for retention. Lastly, we'll review the critically important skill of delegation, focusing on what the best tasks are to delegate and how to empower your team without micromanaging them.
- Identify key responsibilities related to effectively managing people and projects
- Identify key skills needed to manage effectively
- Recall when and how to effectively delegate tasks
- What it takes to be effective as a manager
- Exploring the challenges that get in the way
- Looking at the driving forces that have evolved how managers engage with employees today
- Motivating employees of multiple generations
- Twelve practices that can be adopted to influence employees to become more engaged
- Identifying what it takes to develop employees
- Delegation and accountability