The Best S Corporation, Limited Liability, and Partnership Update Course by Surgent
Monday, November 28, 2022
This year practitioners need to keep abreast of tax changes affecting pass-through entities used by their business clients and employers, and this enlightening course delivers that information. You will learn invaluable strategies, techniques, innovative tax-planning concepts, income-generating ideas, and other planning opportunities available to S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and LLPs. Continually updated to reflect enacted legislation.
- Understand the major issues on which taxpayers and the IRS are in conflict
- Understand recent IRS guidance and legislation impacting pass-through entities
- Timely coverage of breaking tax legislation
- Schedules K-2 and K-3 reporting requirements
- The Centralized Audit Regime
- Selected Practice and Reporting Issues: What’s new?
- A review of recent cases, rulings, and tax law changes affecting S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability partnerships
- Choice of entity issues, with special consideration of recent legislation and proposed legislation
- Employee vs independent contractor considerations that companies should be aware of
- Detailed review of §465 at-risk and §469 passive activity loss limitation rules
- IRC §163(j) and §461(l)
- Impact of the net investment income tax on the owners of pass-through entities
- Review of the most important business tax cases, revenue rulings, PLRs, etc.