Virtual - Current Issues in Accounting and Auditing: An Annual Update
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Virtual classes allow us to bring the instructor LIVE to your electronic device. During the course, you will be able to see the instructor and the presentation in real time and ask questions during the seminar.
Virtual Class Agenda
8:40am - Online Registration Opens
9:00am - Class Begins
12:30pm -Class Ends
Please note: All breaks will be announced by the instructor at the start of class.
Designed for accounting and attestation practitioners at all levels in both public accounting and business and industry, this course provides an overview of recent FASB and AICPA activity, including recently issued and proposed Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs); the latest on the new lease accounting standard, Topic 842; other relevant ASUs; and soon-to-be-effective new auditing standards and the latest on new standards issued by the ARSC related to SSARS engagements. The course will also discuss other important A&A practice matters you should be aware of, including an update on peer review and audit quality.
- Review recently issued and proposed FASB Accounting Standards Updates
- Review the FASB’s new lease accounting standard, Topic 842 and Topic 326 on impairments
- Get up-to-date on matters on the FASB’s technical agenda
- Understand SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, and other recently issued or proposed SSARS
- Be familiar with new and proposed AICPA and PCAOB releases
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
- Recently issued FASB Accounting Standards Updates and PCC activity
- Leases - Topic 842
- Impairment - Topic 326
- Lessons learned from the adoption of Topic 606
- Other items on the FASB’s Technical Agenda
- Recently issued SASs and other AICPA and PCAOB activity
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, and other recently issued SSARS
- Peer review and other audit quality issues
- Other important A&A practice matters