The Best Federal Tax Update Course by Surgent
Thursday, January 20, 2022
In this continually revised course, tax advisors will be fully updated on the most important aspects of recent legislation, including the FFCRA, CARES Act, CAA 2021, and ARPA, as well as major trends on the horizon with a view toward planning considerations. Continually updated to reflect enacted legislation.
Important Note: Due to content overlap, we strongly recommend that users take BFTU or BITU, but not both.
- Understand the latest enacted tax law changes
- Understand strategies and techniques to use in light of tax changes
- Understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses
- A new supplement discussing major provisions of The Build Back Better Act, as well as key provisions of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
- Equity awards and compensation
- ARPA and Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 provisions related to expanded child and family tax credits, RRF grants, FFCRA credits, and year-end tax extenders
- SBA PPP Forgiveness and EIDL loans
- The CARES Act changes to §163(j), §461(I), and NOL rules
- Economic Impact Payments and the Recovery Rebate Credit
- Donor Advised Funds
- Is the "Employee vs Independent Contractor" conundrum about to explode?
- A comprehensive overview of Cryptocurrency, including important tax considerations
- Detailed review of Loss Limitation Rules
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year -- inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- Advanced practice, reporting, and other issues intertwined with advanced planning and discussion ideas
- The latest issues related to any other late-breaking tax law changes