Tax Practitioners' Guide to Impending Tax Legislation
Monday, October 18, 2021
Many tax practitioners are challenged by what to tell their clients about the various tax provisions Congress is currently considering. This program responds to that challenge by covering the individual and business tax proposals currently being debated in Congress that are most applicable to individual and business clients of general tax practitioners.
Unlike most Surgent programs, this one does not cover already-enacted legislation; rather, it covers many of those provisions that MIGHT be enacted. We don't yet have final legislation, but we will cover those proposals that, if enacted, would most directly and immediately impact your clients. Of course, we don't have a crystal ball; however, we know and understand what has been proposed and will give you the knowledge you need to effectively communicate with your clients.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the reconciliation bill passes prior to the airing of this webinar, the course will be converted to a discussion of enacted legislation.
- Understand the potential impacts of proposed legislation on individual and business clients
- Communicate effectively with clients regarding proposed tax provisions
- Increases in corporate, individual, estate, and capital gain tax rates
- Changes relating to estate planning generally, including the reduction of the transfer tax exemption amount
- Changes to the tax rules relating to retirement plans
- New rules relating to IRAs and qualified plans
- New partnership tax rules
- New and revised tax credits relating to housing and energy
- New rules relating to the child care credit
- SECURE Act 2.0 changes