Hot IRS Tax Examination Issues for Individuals and Businesses Download
Saturday, May 1, 2021 – Saturday, April 30, 2022
Recently, the IRS has dramatically ramped-up its examination of specific individuals and small business taxpayers. Now, more than ever, CPAs need clients to understand the need for documentation and procedures to substantiate what IRS auditors are pursuing. Learn the high audit risk areas and ways to help clients survive an IRS audit with little or no change. It is critical for CPAs in public accounting to understand the risk to clients and to themselves in tax return preparation and planning.
- Understand what the IRS is focusing on in auditing individuals and selected businesses
- Help clients reduce their exposure to additional tax assessments
- Determine strategies for dealing with IRS examiners and presenting your clients’ tax positions in the best light possible
- Prepare now and protect yourself from new audit examinations from the Net Investment Income Tax
- Schedule C and cash basis audit issues -- the IRS has gotten very tough
- Vehicles, meals, and entertainment, and fringe benefit documentation
- Passive losses and passive income: in-depth understanding of hot IRS audit examination areas
- What the IRS is looking at in businesses with loss histories
- Selected industry-specific issues, including construction, retail, food, bars, etc.
- Business consultants
- Post-audit: the 30-day letter and the 90-day letter -- what they mean to the taxpayer