Data Analytics Readiness Series: Data Preparation Using Get and Transform On-Demand
Saturday, May 1, 2021 – Saturday, April 30, 2022
In this one-hour course, users will learn to apply Power Query to extract, transform, and load data for analysis. Users will learn how to manipulate data once it is loaded into the platform and will practice the manipulation during the course. Using the same data as the instructor, users will perform an exercise to clean and transform a basic general ledger with an emphasis on preparing the data for analysis.
This course is one in a ten-part certification series, Core Data Analytics: Excel and Power BI Skills for Accounting and Finance Professionals, by Surgent IQ.
- Understand the applicable Excel skills that will be required in making the transition to data analyst
- Apply Power Query to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data
- Understand and apply the basics of data cleaning
- Understand what M Code is and how it is used
- Apply ETL processes to a dataset
- An ETL tool- Extract Transform and Load
- How Power Query ups your game in data analytics
- Interface components of Power Query
- Column level and table actions
- Power Query is a sequential macro recorder
- What is M Code?
- Exercise- cleaning and transforming a general ledger