How to Conduct an Effective Virtual Interview
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
2.00CREDITSPersonal Development, Personnel/Human Resources
Effective interviewing is a skill that provides you with two key opportunities: (1.) an opportunity to assess the candidate's fit for the position based on their prior experience and tangible/intangible skills and (2.) an opportunity to showcase your organization. In this session, we will review how to more accurately assess the organizational fit of a candidate, reduce bias throughout the interviewing process, successfully conduct a virtual interview, and as a result, promote your organization as a great place to work. In addition, we will review key legal dos and don'ts of the interviewing process.
- Examine their role as managers and supervisors in the hiring process
- Identify the competencies associated with the job and how to define the job accurately
- Develop interview questions and utilize evaluation tools that will lead to hiring the best candidate
- Conduct the interview effectively with a focus on behavioral interviewing
- Evaluate the candidate objectively
- Explore tips that can be put into practice to reduce bias throughout the interviewing process
- Understand key strategies for virtual interviewing
- Assessing the organizational fit of a candidate
- Reducing bias throughout the interview process
- Successfully conducting a virtual interview
- Key legal dos and don’ts of the interviewing process?