Year-End and COVID-19 Tax Planning: Thinking Outside the Box
Monday, November 23, 2020
Tax planning is more than an estimated tax calculation, it's a process. Where are we now and what can we change? This timely program will highlight significant 2019-20 tax developments and discuss key tax planning ideas for your clients as you prepare for the upcoming tax season. Don't wait until late December to start planning for your clients!
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program, please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to email@example.com.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the "hot issues" facing tax practitioners in planning for client returns.
- Apply key concepts to special client situations.
- Review of recent legislation and developments.
- Discuss the most recent tax legislation, rulings and developments during 2020, including the SECURE Act, the CARES Act and other COVID-19 relief.
- Tax provision and 2020 extensions.
- Timing income and deductions.
- Tax Depreciation and expensing update, including QIP.
- 2020 Business losses, carrybacks and carryforwards
- Planning for the Section 199A deduction.
- Medicare tax on high income wages and SE income.
- Alternative minimum tax (AMT) issues.
- 3.8% net investment income tax.
- Reconsidering choice of entity.