Individual Tax Return Essentials
Thursday, January 14, 2021
This course will address the new tax laws related to individual tax returns and is designed to assist the tax practitioner in preparing Form 1040 for the upcoming tax season, with its related forms and schedules.
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program, please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain a working knowledge of the federal taxation and the tax return preparation process for individuals.
- Enable neophyte practitioners to see the "big picture" for tax return prep.
- Apply key tax return concepts.
- Filing status, income and Form 1040.
- Additional income and adjustments to income.
- Standard and itemized deductions.
- Section 199A 20% deduction.
- 2020 tax rates and schedules.
- Child tax credit.
- Nonrefundable credits and other taxes.
- Circular 230 compliance.