1099 Changes and Best Practices
Monday, November 23, 2020
This program addresses the Form W-9 TIN solicitation and back-up withholding rules; review current IRS enforcement initiatives with regard to backup withholding failures; discuss the reporting and filing requirements for the new Form 1099-NEC as well as the changes to the Form 1099-MISC. The presentation also includes a brief overview of the reporting and withholding rules for payments of U.S. source income made to non-U.S. persons.
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program, please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to email@example.com.
- Understand the IRS’s TIN solicitation, and backup withholding and reporting requirements, for Form 1099 reportable payments
- New and continuing IRS enforcement initiatives for backup withholding failures
- New Form 1099-NEC and revised Form 1099-MISC
- Form W-9 TIN solicitation and backup withholding rules
- Brief overview of reporting and withholding requirements for payments of US source income made to non-US persons