Surgent's Understanding Non-Compete Agreements (UNCA)
Wednesday, November 25, 2020
More and more employers rely on non-compete agreements to protect company assets. Although state laws vary, non-competes are often used to protect the creation and development of corporate goodwill, customer relationships and specialized training, among others. Today, employees are more likely to be asked to sign non-compete agreements as a condition to employment. Non-compete agreements are also a common component of a business sale agreement. This program surveys non-compete agreements from all angles. Whether you advise individual clients or work for an employer, the presentation provides an understanding of common issues that arise in the negotiation and enforcement of non-competes.
- Gain an understanding of issues that arise when an employer seeks to enforce a non-compete or when an employee challenges the validity of a non-compete agreement
- Understand how non-compete laws vary significantly by state
- Learn common issues that arise when drafting and litigating non-compete agreements.
- Enforcement of non-compete agreements from the employer’s perspective
- Opposing enforcement of non-compete agreements from the employee’s perspective
- Understanding reasonable geographic scope and time limitations for non-compete agreements
- Understanding key issues that arise during enforcement and opposition to enforcement of non-compete agreements.