Surgent's What Employers Need to Know About Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (SEHA)
Monday, March 1, 2021
Even a glance at newspaper headlines today reveals how prominent sexual harassment claims and issues have become. Business owners and their tax advisors wish to avoid sexual harassment claims and lawsuits at all costs. This program is a practical discussion of what sexual harassment consists of and how and when business owners should address situations that could lead to a claim or a lawsuit founded on a claim of sexual harassment.
- Understand what sexual harassment is from a legal perspective
- Know what an employer should do when sexual harassment takes place in the workplace
- What is sexual harassment in a legal sense?
- What kinds of behavior could be considered sexual harassment?
- Different types of sexual harassment?
- What to do when a claim of sexual harassment arises in the workplace
- What an employer should do respecting an individual who may be harassing another employee
- Employers’ legal responsibility for third parties who sexually harass employees
- Remedies for someone suffering sexual harassment