Surgent's Top Individual Tax Planning Strategies (ITPS)
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 contains provisions that when properly implemented allow the individual taxpayer to reduce his or her tax liability. This program focuses on certain tax strategies that allow the individual taxpayer to reduce his or her tax liability based on the new tax changes.
- Advise individual clients on implementing new tax planning strategies that result from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
• Transfer property to younger family members while the enlarged transfer tax exemption remains in place
• Rollover 529 plan balances into ABLE Programs
• Take advantage of 529 plans to fund pre-college education expenses on a tax-advantaged basis
• Negotiate or renegotiate separation agreements and divorce decrees in light of the changes in the tax rules governing the deductibility of alimony payments