Surgent's Choosing the Right Business Entity Post-Tax Reform (CETA)
Wednesday, January 29, 2020 – Friday, April 30, 2021
In terms of selecting an entity to do business in, the universe shifted with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act enacted at the end of 2017. The tax rate for C corporations was lowered to 21% and the new Section 199A deduction offered pass-through entities the chance to significantly lower the rate at which they are taxed. But how do all these options work, and what option is best for what business?
Those questions are at the heart of this new Surgent webinar, where tax practitioner presenters discuss, explain, and debate the tax entity choices new and existing businesses have under the new tax legislation. We all know that re-examining choice of entity determinations is top of the agenda for client meetings during and after the 2017 tax season. This program will equip you with the knowledge and insights you need to lead those discussions.
- Help clients choose the tax entity that is most advantageous to them
- Businesses operating as a C corporation
- Businesses operating as a pass-through entity
- Converting to a C corporation in 2018
- Adopting S corporation status
- The impact of the 20% deduction on pass-through entities
- Loss limitation provisions under the new tax legislation