Surgent's Limited Liability Companies: Losses, Liquidations, Terminations, Continuations, and Sales (ACL4)
Wednesday, January 29, 2020 – Friday, April 30, 2021
The purpose of this course is to provide an in-depth discussion of selected advanced-level issues affecting LLCs and LLPs.
- Identify when distributions are taxable, including disguised sales and the tax on pre-contribution gain
- Discuss the tax consequences of a liquidation of a partner’s interest
- Describe the options when a partnership terminates or continues following an acquisition or merger
- Explain the tax consequences of a sale of an interest and distinguish such consequences from the tax consequences when a partnership or LLC is acquired or merges into another LLC or partnership
- When are distributions taxable?
- Miscellaneous issues, including the critical difference between §736(a) and §736(b) payments
- Sales of an LLC interest -- holding period and hot asset issues
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 partnership and LLC provisions