Understanding the High Stakes Mega Issues in A&A Today
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
With so much of significance going on currently in the world of A&A today, you need to be able to make sense of the key drivers of our profession. In this course, we will review the key aspects of the events that are impacting practitioners and financial statement preparers alike.
Specifically, we will discuss how to get the implementation of ASC 842 over the finish line as well as the challenges in adopting the new reporting SASs and SSARS for year-end. Then we will do a detailed dive into the accounting and reporting issue that many companies grappled with in the aftermath of COVID-19, the going concern assessment.
Lastly, we will review other topics of interest for everyone involved in the A&A profession. This course will keep you ahead of the curve when it comes to identifying and dealing with the mega-issues confronting the A&A profession today.
- Understand and apply the FASB’s new revenue recognition standard, Topic 606
- Review the FASB’s new lease accounting guidance, ASU No. 2016-02
- Recall the relevant accounting guidance related to financial and non-financial asset impairment
- Identify the appropriate accounting model to account for the restructuring of debt and other borrowing agreements
- Accounting and operational impacts of adopting Topic 606
- Accounting and operational impacts of adopting ASU No. 2016-02
- Impairment of both financial and non-financial assets
- Accounting for debt restructurings