Surgent's A Complete Guide to Homeowners' Associations
Monday, November 23, 2020
2CREDITSBusiness Management and Organization
Homeowners' associations are important organizations that work to create and enforce covenants that protect the value of your home. Many clients may be considering joining an HOA board, but they are uncertain of the duties and obligations involved and may be concerned about liability. This course describes the key elements of establishing and operating a board, including the detailed roles and duties of each position. In addition, you will learn good practice techniques involving budgeting, financial reports, debt collections, outsourcing, and more.
- Understand the main components of a homeowners' association board and what makes one run smoothly
- Identify the expectations and duties of the board to keep the neighborhood clean and cohesive
- The roles and duties of board members
- Financial reporting requirements
- Communication and budgeting best practices
- The do's and don'ts of effective board meetings
- Issues during the current pandemic?