Change the Way You Work: Success as a Virtual CFO
Thursday, October 15, 2020
4CREDITSBusiness Management and Organization
Still a strategic business partner. Small and growing businesses do not have the funds to hire a CFO, but still need advice on strategic, financial, and operational matters. In many cases, these businesses are turning to virtual (or outsourced) CFOs to guide them through periods of transition or growth. CPAs and other finance and accounting professionals are well positioned to be virtual, strategic business partners for these companies. In this webcast, you will learn the core competencies that a virtual CFO needs and the role that a virtual CFO can provide. The webcast emphasizes the synergy between competencies developed by experienced CPAs and finance and accounting professionals and successful virtual CFOs. Finally, you'll understand potential service models and the need for a readiness assessment before embarking on this career trajectory.
Recognize the role that a virtual or outsourced CFO can provide to companies.
- Identify the key competencies needed for a virtual CFO role.
- Recognize the service options and business models available for virtual CFOs.
- Recall the readiness assessment needed before starting the virtual CFO role.
- Virtual CFO role overview
- Potential service models
- Virtual CFO readiness
- Outsourced bookkeeping vs. virtual CFO roles
- Ethical considerations
- Technology platforms