COVID-19: Tax Related Developments - Part 2 (CARES ACT)
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
In response to the COVID-19 economic emergency, the Senate was quick to respond by passing the $2 trillion bill intended to provide relief to Americans affected by the pandemic and the economy. This Part II presentation of the COVID-19 tax series provides a detailed discussion of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- Understand and apply the latest tax developments as they relate to the COVID-19 relief legislation.
- Advise both individual and business clients on how these new developments will impact their 2019 and 2020 returns.
- Recovery rebates - advance refunds to individuals
- Payroll tax advance refunds and payroll tax delays
- Employee retention credit
- Retirement plan distributions
- Charitable deductions
- Net operating loss deductions
- Repeal of excess loss limitations
- Immediate write-offs for depreciable real estate
- Refundable corporate AMT credits
- Health plan changes
- Other provisions in the legislation and IRS pronouncements related to these developments