AI and Ethics - Opportunities and Challenges for CPAs
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
1CREDITSBehavioral Ethics (not DE Ethics)
Artificial intelligence is in the midst of transforming virtually every industry and economic sector. The accounting industry is no exception. There must be a comprehensive ethical conversation ensuring technology is developed in an unbiased and ethical manner.
Although not a traditional accounting conversation, the controls and processes necessary to construct, implement, and maintain an AI system - or even the first steps toward a full-blown AI system - that operates in an effective and ethical manner is important for practitioners. Attendees will leave this session with necessary tools and resources to provide advice and guidance to clients.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recognize what artificial intelligence actually is, what it isn't, and the core components of this technology.
- Identify how ethics fit in the development of AI, and why understanding the potential of biases matters for both CPAs and client organizations.
- Identify what potential ethical biases can be controlled from the onset, and what potential ethical issues need to be continuously safeguarded and controlled against.
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Breaking down just what AI is
- How AI is different from existing technology options
- Where AI fits in the current technology conversation
- Link together how ethical considerations, potential biases, and what kinds of controls should be integrated into the development of any AI program.