Ethics - 2020 Regulatory and Standards Update
Monday, August 3, 2020
2CREDITSRegulatory Ethics (not DE Ethics)
This course helps you stay current on recent changes to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, as well as emerging trends in ethics standards and regulatory initiatives and their potential impact on your practice. We will explore frequent practitioner ethics compliance challenges, including competence, due professional care, audit quality, and independence
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to stay in compliance with ethics requirements by:
- Identifying recent changes to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and other ethics standard-setters
- Recognizing the regulatory requirements created by other state boards of accountancy, the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy, and recent regulatory initiatives
- Recognizing the application of those standards in practice, emphasizing the experience of other practitioners
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Stay in compliance with recent ethics standards changes that impact your practice.
- Learn about key regulatory changes and initiatives impacting CPAs and the future of the profession.
- Discuss emerging issues and standard-setting activity that could affect your practice in the future.
- Explore practical applications of the standards and hear about common practice issues and challenges. Examples include: does independence matter, can you ethically serve clients in the cannabis industry, and are you required to report potential noncompliance with laws and regulations to third parties?
- Learn how failure to follow the standards can result in unwanted regulatory actions and publicity.