Power BI - OLAP Formulas & More Time Intelligent Functions
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
2CREDITSComputer Software and Applications
This course is an extension of the Power BI series of courses that specifically explores using OLAP formulas and advanced time intelligent functions.
OLAP formulas provide the ability to create a calculation in a cell that is based upon the measure in the data model. This powerful tool provides the ability to create calculations in an Excel worksheet without using a PivotTable to perform the calculation. Gone are the days of creating a PivotTable, then using those values in the PivotTable for additional calculations.
When using Power BI to build a data model that connects to data files, you may want to know the date of these files. This class teaches you how to create a measure based upon the refresh date of your data.
In the class "Power BI - Use Advanced Calculations with DAX Formulas," you learned the basics of time intelligent functions, the ability to calculate measures based upon dates. In THIS course, we will take it to the next step and teach you how to perform many more date-based calculations.
This session is presented using Excel 2019/Office 365. Regardless of the version you are using, most concepts covered in this course apply to all versions of Excel.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- Formulate worksheet calculations that use the Power Pivot data model
- Create measures that provide a visual of the date of the data
- Formulate calculated measures that calculate based upon the date of the filters
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- OLAP functions to create custom calculations on an Excel worksheet
- Measures that help determine the date of your refreshed data
- Advanced time intelligent functions to create date-based measures