Power BI - Use PBI Desktop to Create Reports and Dashboards
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
4CREDITSComputer Software and Applications
* This course is #8 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button in Program Content section below to see suggested viewing order. *
Power BI Desktop is a new stand-alone tool that adds visualization to your data. This course focus on learning the Power BI Desktop interface, connecting to data sources and creating the visualizations. We will demonstrate the creation of each of the various visualizations and the various options related to each.
We will also show how the visualization can be connected together to provide fully-interactive reports with drill-down capabilities. This class does not require any Excel knowledge but understanding Power Pivot and Power Query can reduce your learning curve.
This session is presented using Excel 2019/Office 365. Regardless of the version you are using, most concepts covered in this course apply to all versions of Excel.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- Identify components of the Power BI Desktop interface
- Use Power BI Desktop to connect to data sources
- Use Power BI Desktop to create interactive visualizations of your data
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Tour of the Power BI Desktop interface
- Using Power BI Desktop to connect to data sources
- Available visualizations in Power BI Desktop
- Building interactivity into visualizations
This course is #8 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button below to see suggested viewing order.View Series Sequence