Blockchain Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate
Thursday, August 15, 2019 – Thursday, April 30, 2020
The accounting profession will play a significant role in driving the adoption of Blockchain, a world-changing technology. As an accounting and finance professional, you can choose to shape how the adoption comes to life. The new Blockchain Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate offers you the opportunity to build a foundation toward becoming a strategic business partner within your organization and with your clients. Advance your career with this certificate and digital badge and earn 16 hours of CPE credit. Intended to provide real-world literacy on Blockchain and cryptoassets, this CPE course will give you the knowledge needed to anticipate potential benefits and risks of the technology, structure and functionality, and to translate them into relevant business application and value. During this course, you will learn the characteristics of Blockchain and cryptoassets, identify opportunities and risks, as well as understand high-level technology concepts underpinning Blockchain. Further, the course covers a range of use cases. You will have the opportunity to use a cryptocurrency wallet in a hands-on transaction exercise and be able to verify information written to a block (finance practitioners may not need to design, build, deploy and maintain, but they may need to verify). Finally, you will perform a hands-on hash activity exercise - hash documents or data, then verify it. You will also learn to differentiate between current state vs. future state.
- Recall the foundational constructs behind
- Blockchain technology and cryptoassets, structure and functionality.
- Recognize the benefits, values and opportunities of Blockchain for your organization.
- Recognize Blockchain risks and challenges as you consider implementing this technology within your organization.
- Recognize regulatory concerns and governance related to Blockchain implementations.
- Recall practical applications and use cases by looking into ledgers, transactions, and smart contracts
- Recognize the current landscape, business applications and financial control considerations associated with Blockchain use
- Blockchain Evolution and Technology Concepts
- Blockchain: Using and Securing Cryptocurrencies
- Blockchain: Benefits, Values, and Opportunities
- Risks and Challenges of Blockchain
- Blockchain Trends
- Permissioned Ledgers and Other Solutions
- Transactions and Smart Contracts
- The Blockchain Landscape
- Blockchain: Process and Technical Controls