Not-for-Profit Governance and Assurance Track
Thursday, August 15, 2019 – Thursday, April 30, 2020
10.5CREDITSAuditing (Governmental), Accounting (Governmental), Behavioral Ethics (not DE Ethics), Business Management and Organization, Finance
Learn how to measure performance, create a controllable budget, and drive the strategic planning process to achieve mission success. Also discussed are ethical issues, techniques to assess risks, and application of the COSO ERM Framework to develop a risk response strategy in the NFP environment. This CPE program contains e-learning exercises, targeted case studies, and detail-rich interpretations to create a flexible, dynamic learning experience you can complete online in your own time.
- Use a performance measurement system to apply performance measurement techniques.
- Recognize steps to build a realistic and controllable budget.
- Determine how strategic planning may be applied at each stage of the NFP's life cycle.
- Assess risk, develop a risk response strategy, and apply the COSO ERM framework in the NFP environment.
- Identify a process to assess, design, implement, and monitor internal controls that are appropriate for an NFP's size, complexity, and risk.
- Determine strategies to promote a culture of ethical management throughout the entity.
- Use techniques to effectively steward an NFP's resources to achieve mission success.
- Performance measurement techniques
- NFP business models
- Grants management
- Diversification of revenue streams
- Cash flow management and operating reserves
- Risk assessment, response strategies, and internal controls
- Strategic planning
- Establishing a culture of ethical management
- Characteristics of high-performing boards of directors