Business Writing Series: 10 Principles Of Effective Email
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
2CREDITSCommunications and Marketing
Learn ten principles of writing effective emails. Find out when email is the right medium for the message, how to write an effective subject line, how to manage email so that you can keep up with your inbox and still get your work done.
A single email can capsize a client relationship, trigger a lawsuit, or spark a profitable new business deal. Endless email checking drains productivity and ruins focus. Effectively managing and sensibly writing emails are core competencies because email is business writing. Participants will plan and write a subject line for a work email, adjust the tone of a sample document, and construct strategies to avoid email overload.
- Write a subject line for an email you need to write soon.
- Plan an email you need to write soon.
- Change the tone of a sample email.
- List strategies that will help you manage email more effectively.
- Identify issues of confidentiality and privacy when using email in business.
- Email management
- Email etiquette and tone
- Business writing