The Best S Corporation, Limited Liability, and Partnership Update Course by Surgent (BCPE)
Wednesday, May 1, 2019 – Thursday, April 30, 2020
This year more than ever practitioners need to keep abreast of tax changes affecting pass-through entities used by their business clients and employers, and this enlightening course delivers that information. You will learn invaluable knowledge, strategies, techniques, innovative tax-planning concepts, income-generating ideas, and other planning opportunities available to S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and LLPs. Continually updated for developments.
- Understand the major issues on which taxpayers and the IRS are in conflict
- Understand how tax reform affects planning for pass-throughs
- Understand what pass-throughs can do in light of tax reform
- Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on S corporations and partnership entities including coverage of Section 199A
- Selected Practice and Reporting Issues: What’s new?
- A review of the key cases, rulings, and tax law changes affecting S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability partnerships
- Choice of entity issues: is the C corporation more of a viable choice after tax reform? Will it become preferred?
- Basis issues: at-risk, passive activities for partnerships and LLCs
- Debts between entity and the investors: open-account and written debt; defining bona fide debt for back-to-back loans
- Impact of the net investment income tax on the owners of pass-through entities
- Any late-breaking tax legislation
- Review of the most important business tax cases, revenue rulings, PLRs, etc.