The New Travel and Entertainment Expense Reporting Rules
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
This program will enhance participant knowledge of the statutory regulations of within the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act legislation and provide regulatory guidance on the impact to travel and entertainment expense reporting. Planning opportunities and potential pitfalls will be given.
- Distinguish the rules of determining travel and entertainment expenses
- Know what to do and when to do it
- Gain insight on the "big picture" of the new rules
- Definition of what qualifies as a travel and/or entertainment expense.
- Accountable plan rules for reimbursement.
- Special exceptions from recordkeeping requirements.
- New non-deductibility of meals and entertainment expenses.
- Strategies to deduct business transportation.
- 2019 mileage and per diem rates.
- Expenses for non-business conventions.
- Automobile expense reporting.