U.S. GAAP: Review for Business & Industry
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Which FASB ASUs become effective in the next year and beyond? How should the new guidance be applied? This course helps to answer those questions by addressing GAAP financial accounting and reporting topics in conjunction with an overview of recent FASB pronouncements. Applicable to a broad cross section of accountants, this course is a must for CPAs and management accountants in business and industry. Utilizing detailed descriptions and examples of how to implement the new standards, this course instructs you on how to assess new and recent FASB guidance having a major effect on all industries. It will allow you to gain an understanding of the latest pronouncements and exposure documents, and how to develop implementation strategies.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify and apply select FASB accounting and reporting guidance.
- Identify the latest FASB final guidance.
- Identify current FASB exposure drafts and projects.
- The financial reporting environment
- Summary of recent FASB releases
- Financial accounting and reporting topics impacted by guidance recently-issued or effective in the near term (such as leases, revenue recognition, and going concern)
- Review of significant accounting and reporting topics