Performance Auditing Essentials
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
*Qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit*
Performance auditors often must create their entire project from scratch, including choosing the audit criteria, developing an audit objective, and writing the audit program.
The Institute of Internal Auditors and the Government Auditing Standards give us some guidance, but don't prescribe a step-by-step approach. In this webinar, we will go over a logical step-by-step approach to audit any subject matter against any given criteria. We'll use an interesting case study to tie it all together. Frequent references to standards will keep you grounded and compliant.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- Breakdown a broad audit subject
- Formulate a conclusion and recommendations
- Why conduct a performance audit
- How a performance audit differs from other audits
- Standards applicable to performance audits
- The audit trifecta
- Steps of conducting a performance audit
- Contents of a performance audit report including conclusions and findings
- Common flaws and hang-ups in performance auditing and how to resolve them