Ethics: Every Choice Has a Consequence
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
2CREDITSBehavioral Ethics (not DE Ethics)
We have all made what we thought were `small' decisions that had a HUGE result. Gary Zeune, CPA will ask Gallagher how his `immaterial' choices sent him to prison.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
What you will learn from this interview:
- How easy it is for ethical people to make unethical choices-and what to do about it.
- The impact of life's choices and how that affects your performance, both personally and professionally.
- Real-world practical examples of how to use ethics and integrity to create success in business and life.
- Did Chuck's partners miss any red flags that he was stealing
- How 99% of CPAs rationalize illegal behavior
- Is your software installed ethically
- How "If I only knew now then what I know now" applies to you
- The risk of tax fraud from non-financial information
- How some socially acceptable behavior can be unethical for CPAs
- How a county water department was inadvertently unethical
- VW shows how easy it is to circumvent control systems
- How 7 city hall employees didn't use their rational brain
- Rationalizing is like wet cement
- Gallagher paid the money back, so was it unethical
- How the boss's behavior infects some other employees
- How Chuck used trust to continue his unethical behavior
- The 3 `legs' of your ethics stool
- How client controls at Chuck's firm would have stopped him
- Chuck was an ERISA specialist. How that affected his sentence.