Ethics and Opportunities of Voice-Enabled Digital Assistants
Thursday, January 2, 2020
2CREDITSBehavioral Ethics (not DE Ethics)
The course provides a concise overview of the key ethical considerations and practical business opportunities for practitioners related to voice-enabled digital assistants. These technologies include Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri, Microsoft Cortana, Samsung Bixby, and others. One in six Americans now own a so-called smart speaker - up 128 percent since January 2017. The rapid rise of these electronic gadgets and services (and the products that can be used with them) are upending how people interact with computers and access artificial intelligence.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- Identify leading risks, challenges and opportunities related to voice-triggered digital assistants
- Protect privacy and moral principles in new "all ears" era of audio surveillance
- Highlight millions of professional and personal tasks that can be accomplished using your voice
- Overview of virtual assistants
- Interaction methods
- Services offered
- Devices and objects where found
- Social and ethical impact and concerns
- Data ownership
- Data security
- Voice recognition and digital wiretapping
- Cyber-bullying and harassment
- Algorithmic authority and "choice"
- Commercial oversight and branding
- Language and locational bias
- Voice analytics and conversational audits
- Leading platforms
- Voice assistant starter strategy for accountants