Ethics: IRS and Global Tax Enforcement for Accountants
Thursday, September 12, 2019
2CREDITSRegulatory Ethics (not DE Ethics)
This course provides a concise overview of IRS global tax enforcement programs, policies, and activities. In 2019 and beyond, the agency plans to broaden and deepen its focus on combatting transnational tax crime in response to terrorist financing, money laundering, cybercrime, and illegal cryptocurrency activity.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- Discover IRS global tax enforcement programs, policies, and outcomes.
- Learn about international tax crime cases and lessons learned for accountants
- Understand how practitioners can assist IRS officials to combat transactional tax violations
- Snapshot of IRS global tax enforcement operations
- IRS CI Narcotics and Counterterrorism (NCT) program
- Global Illicit Financial Team (GIFT)
- International Tax Group
- IRS-CI Nationally Coordinated Investigations Unit (NCIU)
- Foreign Account Tax Compliant Act
- Joint Chiefs of Global Tax Enforcement (known as the J5)
- Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC)
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Netherlands - Fiscale Inlichtingen- en Opsporingsdienst (FIOD)
- United Kingdom - HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- Case studies of international tax crimes