Entertainment & Parking Expenses: Coping with the New Rules
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
This program reviews the statutory and regulatory guidance as they relate to fringe benefits. There will be an emphasis on entertainment and business transportation expenses, including qualified employer-provided parking, with a focus on planning opportunities. Recent federal tax legislation, cases and rulings will also be addressed.
This course qualifies for PTIN credit.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- To provide the "big picture" of qualified deductible expenses
- To provide guidance on what to do and when to do it
- Definition of what qualifies as an entertainment expense
- Strategies to deduct business entertainment expenses
- Deductibility of meals
- Situations not subject to the 50% meals and entertainment reduction
- How to handle automobile issues related to employer-provided parking
- Proper accounting for deductible vs. non-deductible expenditures
- The four steps to analyze business expenses
- The latest federal legislation, cases and rulings