Excel - Best Practices Before Final Save
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
2CREDITSComputer Software and Applications
This Excel course will provide an overview of all the functionality that supports the formatting and printing of spreadsheets in Excel. Through the use of cell styles and conditional formatting, you will learn how to create spreadsheets that are visually appealing and understandable to a non-financial audience.
Topics reviewed in this course include: printing multiple spreadsheets, embedding Excel ranges into Word documents, cell formatting, custom cell styles, conditional formatting options, Page Layout tab, print dialogue options, converting spreadsheets to PDF, and securing spreadsheets.
This session is presented using Excel 2013. Regardless of the version you are using, ALL concepts covered in this course apply to ALL versions of Excel.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After completing this class you will have the ability to...
- Format cells efficiently
- Create custom cell styles
- Set conditional formatting options
- Use the Page Layout tab
- Choose Print dialogue options
- Print multiple spreadsheets
- Embed Excel ranges into Word documents
- Convert spreadsheets to PDF
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Choose cell formatting options
- Apply custom cell styles
- Identify and understand the benefits of conditional formatting options
- Navigate throughout the Page Layout tab
- Utilize all of the print dialogue options
- Tips and techniques for printing your spreadsheets efficiently
- Best techniques to print multiple spreadsheets with a consistent format
- Embed Excel ranges into Word documents to ensure your reports are complete and less prone to transposition errors
- Utilize Adobe Acrobat conversion utility to transfer spreadsheets to PDF format