Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Reorganization
Tuesday, May 1, 2018 – Tuesday, April 30, 2019
This course provides a high-level overview of bankruptcy and the roles of forensic accountants that work with bankruptcy engagements. Our overview employs three different scenarios to give learners a broad understanding of the field.
- Describe the different types of bankruptcy.
- Match the bankruptcy type with the entity that is eligible to file for it.
- Explain the different roles a forensic accountant can play in bankruptcy engagements.
- Explain how the role of a forensic accountant may change depending upon the client.
- Describe the four types of bankruptcy fraud.
- Identify the various forms of financial documentation that may need to be filed in a bankruptcy engagement.
- List the key concepts of valuation and insolvency issues.
- Recognize specific laws and deadlines set by the bankruptcy court and the IRS, and describe any recent changes to those laws.
- Define specific bankruptcy-related concepts such as insolvency.
- Describe the role of a CRO in bankruptcy engagements.